- Migration of formaldehyde (52.9; 50.2 mg/kg - ppm) from melamine cup from China, via the Netherlands
- Information for follow-up
Formaldehyde is used mainly in the production of melamine-formaldehyde kitchen wares such as plastic dishes and cups used for children or camping. For formaldehyde a migration limit is established. In low quality products this limit may be exceeded. Moderate exceedance of the migration limit is not considered to be of a serious health concern.
Result: Units: Date: 52.9; 50.2 Mg/kg - ppm 2012-12-20
- Product comes from:
- Netherlands (via)
- The product has been distributed to:
- Notification issued by:
- Basis of notification:
- Official control on the market
- Official control on the internal market of EEA (European Economic Area).
- Distribution status:
- Information on distribution not (yet) available
- Action taken:
- Withdrawal from the market
The brand or company name is not published.
- Food contact material
- RASFF reference:
- Notification created:
- Notification updated:
- Visit RASFF website for more information.